Let’s admit it that self-love is among the most talked about terms all over the places for quite some time. But the real question here is how many of us truly understand this powerful concept of loving yourself, keeping yourself first on the list or accepting yourself for who you are!
People often misunderstand self-love with narcissism, which is definitely not the case! Self-love or self-care is a daily practice to make oneself a priority; being compassionate and kind to oneself. It is a conscious choice and once you understand how gratifying it is to love yourself, you will attract peace, love and light in this journey of life.
You will observe pleasant changes in your thought process and life once you fall in love with yourself. Here are few things that happen when you practice self-love:
- You will feel complete within yourself and stop comparing yourselves to others.
- Being grateful for all our blessings create room for more prosperity and abundance. When you love yourself, you feel joyous and abundant in every area of your life without fighting for it.
- You will be more confident and feel in charge of your life. As you embrace your flaws with love and affection, you will honor the choices you make.
- You care less about people’s opinion of you and stop seeking other’s approval. And, this is one of the most liberating feelings to live life on your own terms.
- Failures and setbacks will not fear you anymore. You know that these will take you a step closer to your goals.
- You set healthy boundaries when it comes to your love life. Being aware of the fact that you are deserving of true love and happiness, you stop choosing/chasing people who aren’t worthy of your love.
- You start to take responsibility of your life realizing that you are the only source of all your happiness.
- When it comes to problems, you get better at solving them.
- You become an example for others to indulge in self-love and feel grateful all the time.
- You realize that you hold the power to change your fears and stress into success and positivity.
- Negative feelings such as anger, jealousy and ego are turned into compassion, gratitude and kindness.
There is so much power in self-love that you don’t need others to make you feel good or happy about yourselves. And as they say “Self-love is the beginning of a life-long romance.”