What exactly love is? Is it an emotion, a feeling, a form of energy or merely effects of some complex chemical interactions in the brain? Well, there may be different connotations associated with the term ‘love’ but what’s undeniable is the gamut of feelings and joy it brings along.
To love and be loved by someone is absolutely an out-of-the-world feeling and many great poets, philosophers, writers and famous personalities have expressed it beautifully in their own ways.
Here are 10 best quotes for love to make you fall in love all over again. And, if you haven’t ever been in love, still read on as you never know when you might find that someone special and all these quotes for love will start to make sense!
1. “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.”
2. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
— The Notebook
3. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.”
— Angelita Lim
4. “The heart wants what it wants. There is no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.”
— Woody Allen
5. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
— A. A. Milne
6. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”
— Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.”
— Lao Tzu
8. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”
— Julia Roberts
9. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
— William Shakespeare
10. “I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt; only more love.”
— Mother Teresa